Tuesday 7 May 2013

Not (*&^%$£(&

Just as an antidote to Zig's rant:

I finally got round to booking in some maintenance.  First stop, British Gas.

Three rings, short recorded message about gas leaks, two options, press 1, prove I'm me, then: "I need to book my annual service."  Quick availability check.  "This afternoon?"  "Yes please."  Turned up at 2 o'clock.

Second stop, ADT Security, alarm checkup.  Similar dialogue.  Choice of four dates, elected for Friday afternoon.  I'm confident they'll be here, probably for lunch.

I'm forming a theory that recession is good for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still stunned by recent service from BT, starting with someone helpful on the end of the telephone, ending with the engineer arriving at the start of the 5-hour time slot, having phoned half an hour earlier to confirm he was on the way.

    ReplyDelete